This site is an operational Bed & Breakfast.
Please visit www.rosehotelbb.com (The link above will navigate away from IHPA)
original portion of the building known today as the Rose Hotel is
believed to have been constructed by James McFarland (1776-1837)
and operated as a tavern and later an inn serving Ohio River travelers.
The Rose Hotel was added to the National Register of Historic Places
The Rose Hotel is a two-story “L”-shaped brick structure.
Portions were constructed ca. 1830, ca. 1848, and following the
Civil War. A striking veranda overlooking the Ohio River was added
around 1866. The building has been “restored” and is
used today as a bed-and-breakfast facility. A frame gazebo built
in 1882 is located on the front lawn overlooking the river.
Amy Martin, Director
Sunny Fischer, Chair
Daniel J. Arnold
Julia Sniderman Bachrach
D. Jeanie Cooke
Melinda Spitzer Johnston
Anthony J. Leone, Jr.
Dr. Shirley J. Portwood