Grounds are open: dawn-dusk. Site is closed
1779 George Rogers Clark (1752-1818) led his army from Kaskaskia
through this area to Vincennes, Indiana, where they captured Fort
Sackville from the British. At the time of Illinois statehood in
1818, several taverns were located along the Vincennes-St. Louis
Trail. This building is named from being near the midpoint of the
The two-story frame structure was “reconstructed” in
the early 1970s.
Amy Martin, Director
Sunny Fischer, Chair
Daniel J. Arnold
Julia Sniderman Bachrach
D. Jeanie Cooke
Melinda Spitzer Johnston
Anthony J. Leone, Jr.
Dr. Shirley J. Portwood